Current Affairs November 2018
Hi Friends,… Many candidates are busy with their preparation for various government jobs. The at most important and difficult topic in every examination is “Current Affairs.” Many of the participants even fear to attempt this session in the exam. So, we are here with all Current Affairs November 2018 details through this article. It is very important to update about the happenings in our surroundings and make a positive change. All the students and elders should cultivate a habit of gaining General Knowledge from any of sources like Television News, News Paper, Radio Updates, Online News providing Sites/Apps.
Every site will provide updates separately for each day. But, here we selected some important topics and prepared Competitive Exams Current Affairs Pdf for the sake of all our sites. Hence, all the aspirants can download it and prepare well for their exams. This General Knowledge November 2018 is help full for all government, IBPS & SBI like Bank, railways, central govt., PSC and other Jobs. The updates provided on this page cover various issues like National, International, Business, Important Dates, Awards and other topics.
General Knowledge November 2018
Each and every news point is provided in the view of participants who are preparing for competitive exams. Every month we hear about conduction of many govt and central govt exams. So, we provided the updates as per monthly basis. The viewers can know Current Affairs November 2018 from this article, and they can also download from the link attached to below. We update the page eexamresults.in with monthly GK capsules. Stick on to our site and get complete information about happenings in national and international wide. This General Knowledge November 2018 collection is very useful for the candidates who are going to appear for the government, IBPS Clerk & RRB, SBI SO, railways NTPC JE, central govt., PSC, civil services and other exams in the month of December 2018. You can also get November 2018 International Current Affairs from the same link.
Current Affairs Nov 2018 in English
The Current Affairs November 2018 in this article covers various topics like Awards & Honours, Important Days, International News, National News, Banking & Finance Affairs, Persons & Places in News, Science & Technology, Books & Authors and Sports News. All the aspirants are suggested to make use of the Competitive Exams Current Affairs Pdf from this page and perform well in the examination. Many people try to remember the answers in a different manner. But revising the same questions will help a lot to remember the answers. For the convenience of our visitors, we provided Current Affairs Nov 2018 in English Language. All the best for the candidates who are going to appear for exams in coming months.
Awards & Honours
- Indian-American author Amitav Ghosh has been named for the 2018 TATA Literature Live! The Lifetime Achievement Award is presented to Amitav Ghosh at TATA Literature Live!’s annual awards ceremony on November 2018 at National Centre for Performing Arts (NCPA) in Mumbai.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh honoured Spiritual Guru Sri Sri Ravishankar with Dr Nagendra Singh International Peace Award for his efforts in ensuring world peace on November 20, 2018, at Vigyan Bhawan in Delhi.
- The Infosys Science Foundation (ISF) announced the winners of the 8th Infosys Prize in 6 categories- Engineering and Computer Science, Humanities, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences and Social Sciences.
- Malini Subramanian, an Indian Journalist, has been conferred with the International Press Freedom Award by, the Committee of Protect Journalists (CPJ) for her reporting from the Naxal-Hit Bastar area, IN Chhattisgarh.
- Uppma Virdhi, a 26-year-old woman from Jalandhar and living in Melbourne, received the ‘Businesswoman of the Year Award’ at the India-Australia Business Community Awards (IABCA) held in Sydney, for taking the aroma of fresh Indian Tea to Australian Households.
Important Days in November 2018
- 1st November: NO Tobacco Day
- 2nd November: International Day to End Impunity for crimes on Journalists
- 5th November: First World Tsunami Day
- 7th November: National Cancer Awareness Day
- 8th November: International Day of Radiology
- 10th November: Worlds Science Day for Peace and Development
- 11th November: National Education Day
- 12th November: World Pneumonia Day & Public Service Broad Casting Day
- 13th November: World Kindness Day
- 14th November: Children’s Day & World’s Diabetes Day
- 16th November: International Day of Tolerance & National Press Day
- 17th November: World Philosophy Day
- 20th November: Universal Children’s Day
- 21st November: World Television Day
- 25th November: International Day of elimination of violence against Women
- 26th November: Constitution Day
- 28th November: 68th Raising Day of National Cadet Corps (NCC)
- 29th November: International day of Solidarity with Palestinian People
- On this November 20, the China has started its world’s first longest secure telecommunications network from Hefei to Shanghai. The length of the line is about 72 Km. The ultra high security provided to it, makes it impossible to trap, interrupt or crack the information communicated through it.
- The Australian government announced 19 grants which are worth of $ 6.3 million for projects in various fields like education, science, sports, arts and cultural.
- UAE’s First UNESCO World Heritage Site AI Ain Oasis was opened by Shaikh Tahnoun Bin Mohammad Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi’s Ruler Representative in the Eastern Region.
- A Chattered Plane, carrying 77 people, including a top Brazillian Football Team, crashed on its approach to the city of Medellin in Colombia.
- Oxford Dictionaries has named “post-truth” as its 2018 international world of the year. It is defined as relations to circumstances in which facts are judged to be less important than emotion and Public Opinion. These are mostly happened things and took place in Current Affairs November 2018.
National News in
- The government of Jharkhand has introduced a bill named “Jharkhand Nizi Niyozan Abhikaran and Gharelu Kamgar Videyak 2018” against placement agencies to control those agencies from exploiting people in the name of giving employment outside the state.
- The union cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approved the introduction of Merchant Shipping Bill, 2018 in the Parliament on November 23, 2018, in New Delhi.
- The National Food Security Act, which implemented an act to subsidise food grain for about 810 million people, now covers the whole country, more than three years after it was formally notified.
- Supreme Court has ordered the search engines Google, Yahoo and Microsoft on November 17, 2018, to delete the advertisements hosted by them, related to pre-natal sex determination in India within 36 hours.
- The government has decided to fix the minimum wage at Rs 350 per day for unskilled Agriculture Labour in C-class towns in central sphere. It was announced by Labour.
- The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations i.e. 60th Anniversary of Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India Limited (ECGC) on November 2018, in New Delhi.
Banking & Finance Affairs
- A historical announcement is made by honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, by banning the usage of current 500 and Rs. 1000 notes of Gandhi Series, from November 2018. This is the first step against ‘Black Money.’
- RBI Opened Second School of Ombudsman Office in New Delhi, to facilitate the increased banking network.
- Indian Banks are soon to adopt Islamic Banking. The RBI Planned ‘Islamic Window’ for the gradual introduction of interest-free Banking.
- Telangana government joined with IDFC Bank to introduce coupons and enable cashless transactions and reduce the problem to some extent.
- Standard Chartered Bank launched UPI (Unified Payments Interface) on 8th November 2018, in order to facilitate their corporate and finance institutional and commercial banking customers.
- NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India) notifies that 30 Foreign and private banks joined their hands and joined with UPI App to promote cash-less economy and reduce the burden of change among the people.
- City Union Bank unveils an artificial intelligence robot-Lakshmi designed and developed by French company at Tyagaraya Nagar branch of Chennai. The robot can answer 120 general banking questions in the English Language.
Persons & Places in News
- Sanghi, a ten-day festival is inaugurated by Manipur CM Okram Ibobi Singh on November , 2018. The festival will continue till Nov 2018.
- India’s First Cherry Blossom Festival is first started by the Meghalaya CM Mukul Sangma, to attract tourists to this hill station.
- PM Modi launched Haryana’s year-long golden jubilee celebrations of Haryana.
- On November 30 PM Modi visited the coastal state, Goa, to lay a foundation stone for Greenfield Airport and Tuem Electronic city.
- The Maharashtra cabinet adopts ‘utilisation of fly ash policy’ on November 2018. This may become a step ahead in ‘Wealth from Waste’ policy and for protecting the environment.
- Asia’s first cycle highway inaugurated in UP. It is the fist and longest bicycle highway from Agra to Etawah in UP.
Science and Technology
- The Next Generation Weather Satellite GOES-R launched is launched by NASA on November 2018, in the US. The data received from GOES-R will result in 34 New or Improved Metrological, Solar and Space Weather products
- NASA Satellite breaks Guinness World Record, for highest altitude fix of a GPS signal at 70,000 kilometres from the surface of the earth.
- Japan launches next-generation geostationary metrological satellite Himawari-9. To improve weather facilities in Asia-Pacific Region
- As per the recent decision of TRAI, the minimum broadband speed in India should be 512 Kbps. This is double the earlier speed, i.e., 256 Kbps
- India’s First LNG Fuelled bus is launched by Shri Dharmendra Prdhan in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. This event is held at the 4th Meeting of Group of Ministers (GoM), set up by Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- Delhi government launched Human Papillomavirus vaccination (HPV) as a public program for reducing cervical cancer among girls. Free vaccination is provided for all the girls belonging to the age group of 11-13 yrs at Delhi State Cancer Institute (DSCI).
- Google Launches an app named ‘Photo Scan’ to scan Physical Photographs. The App detects the edges, straightens the image, adjust the orientation and removes the glare.
- The Israel Scientists creates world’s first “Water Waves Laser.” The instrument generates laser radiation through the interaction between light and water waves.
- World Thinnest, lightest and portable Laptop Acer Swift 7 is launched by Taiwanese electronics in Indian Market. It is available to purchase from 18th November 2018. Exclusively on Acer Stores, and some other brands and e-commerce sites.
Books and Authors
- “Rajiv Gandhi assassin, hidden truths, Priyanka Meeting Nalini”, By Pa Ekalaivan
- “An era of Darkness: The British Empire in India”, By Dr. ShashiTharoor
- “Back to the Roots, A Definite Guide To Grassroots & Football Development”, By Shaji Prabhakaran
- “The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad”, By Twinkle Khanna
Sports & Games
- PV Sindhu won maiden China Open Super Series Title defeating Sun yu of China.
- Indian Cricketer Ravichandran Aswin became the first bowler to complete 50 wickets in two consecutive years.
- Manavjit Singh Sandhu was awarded Gold Meal for National Shooting Championship for short gun held at Jaipur.
- The Indian Professional Boxer Neeraj Goyat is ranked as 35th in World Boxing Council (WBC). He was the first Indian Boxer to enter into the ranking.
- Six Indian Mae Shuttlers are ranked among the world’s top 50 players. This is the first record for India.
- In the Rio Olympic, the India wins 29 medals at Commonwealth Wrestling Championships.
- An Eight-year-old Kashmir girl clinches a gold medal at World Kick Boxing Championship for under-eight held at Italy. Nearly 90 countries participated in the competition.
Current Affairs 2018 November Pdf
Current Affairs 2018 October Pdf
Download pdf of Current Affairs November 2018 and also October month. We update the page with current affairs of every month.
Bookmark our site eexamresults.in using Ctrl+D to get more information about UPSC, SSC, Bank, Govt Jobs and Software vacancies. You can collect pin to pin details regarding these vacancies.