SBI PO Preparation Tips
Do you want to settle as Probationary Officer in the state bank of India? The bank is also providing the more number of opportunities. Filling the application form is not enough to get the exam. When we have proper planning, it is very easy to get the job. Right, in this article we have provided the some SBI PO Preparation Tips to crack the exam. Probationary officer is the higher cadre in the bank. So, the applicants who are going to applying for these vacancies will have to work hard. Check out the how to prepare SBI PO Exam in one month study plan details here. We have mentioned the topic wise Preparation Plans for Probationary Officer Exam which may helpful to get the job.
How to prepare SBI PO Exam
State Bank of India is the king of all the banks. It is the government-owned public sector banking and financial corporation agency in India. The bank headquarters were located in Mumbai. It is an Indian multinational services company started in the year 2nd June 1806. The state bank of India has more than 14,000 branches which include 191 foreign offices spread across 36 countries. It is the largest banking and financial services company in India in terms of assets. The bank is ranked 232nd position on the Fortune Global 500 list of the world’s biggest corporations as of 2016. It recruits the eligible applicants for different cadres like clerk, probationary officers (PO), Specialist officer (SO) and many others. This article is complete explained the SBI PO Preparation Tips and other important details regarding the Study Plan for SBI PO Exam.
SBI PO Preparation strategy
Everybody knows that hard work never goes fail and it will give the better results. So, collect these important tips for SBI PO Exam and begin your preparation as early as possible. Job seekers, who have finished the gradation, are eligible to apply for these probationary officers vacancies. The selection process is involved in three stages. Phase-I is called as preliminary examination, Phase-II is treated as Mains examination && descriptive type and finally phase-III is called as group discussion and personal interview. The detailed SBI PO Exam Prelims Tricks and exam pattern details are mentioned here. Collect all these SBI PO Preparation Tips and start your journey to get the job. We have explained the SBI PO Mains Exam Guidance completely here.
Phase-I: Preliminary Examination
- The SBI PO exam will be conducted through online mode.
- Preliminary Examination consisting is of Objective Tests.
- The test is conducted for 100.
- Candidates need to attempt three sections
- Questions are asked from English, quantitative aptitude and reasoning skills.
- Each question consists of one mark.
- This test would be of 1 hour duration
|Test Name||Number of question||Marks|
Important tips for SBI PO Exam
Know the exam pattern: it is the first and foremost thing. Initially find out the exam pattern details for both prelims and mains examination and weight age of each section.
Focus to all sections: the officers have given the equal priority to all the sections. Candidate must prepare for all sections why because each section is having equal weight age.
Practice with mock test: practice some online previous papers and give lots of mock test as much you can give. This will help to improve your confidence. The more you give mock test, the more you gain.
Learn all the formulas: this section is for complete mathematics. All the formulas should be note down at one place and starts revise on daily basis.
Phase-II: Mains Examination && English Descriptive Test
- Candidates who qualify in the prelims are eligible to appear for the Main Examination.
- Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks
- The Descriptive Test is also conduct for 50 marks.
- Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online.
- Candidates need to give the answers for Descriptive Test by typing on the computer.
- The Objective Test of 3 hours duration
- Applicants need to write 4 sections for total 200 marks.
|Name of test||Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning and computer aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|Data analysis and interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|General / economy / banking awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English language||35||40||40 minutes|
Descriptive Test – The duration is of 30 minutes and is a test of English Language that means Letter Writing and Essay for 50 marks.
SBI PO Mains Exam Guidance
For English Section
- The English questions which are going to ask in Probationary Examination are not so easy to answer. The questions are of high level standards when compare to other exams. Different questions are asked from Comprehension, Grammar section, Vocabulary and Synonyms, Error Correction and Antonyms.
- The English section can be improved by reading English newspaper, learning new word daily to improve vocabulary and others. The best way to improve English is to start talking in English.
Quantitative Aptitude section
- If you are a good mathematician, it is easy to finish the task.
- The questions are from Fractions, Number Systems, Time & Work, Ratio and Proportion, Profit & Loss, Percentage, Problems on Ages, Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Average, Time & Distance, Menstruation, Partnership, Data Interpretation and Data Analysis, Pie charts, Bar Diagrams.
- This section is the one of the time consuming better to do at least five questions of this type a day to speed up your calculations.
- The best way to prepare for this is to practice daily and learn all the important formulas.
Reasoning Ability section
- The Reasoning section is totally based on logical thinking.
- Behind every question there is logic and it will also time taken process.
- Questions are from Seating Arrangements, Series problems, Coding-Decoding, Odd Man out, Directions, Blood Relations, Missing Characters, Number Analogy, Number Classification, Ranking Test, Data sufficiency, Assumptions and Directions.
- Non-Verbal is the toughest of all.
- Spend more to solve as much questions as you can on daily basis for making this part to be strong one.
For Computer sections && general knowledge
The officers will test the applicant’s performance in the computer knowledge topics like MS word, excel option. Finally the officers are also test the general knowledge. Read daily news papers to gain the more marks. Hope this SBI PO Preparation Tips will help to get the job.
Phase – III: Group Discussion is for (20 marks) and personal Interview for (30 marks).
Bookmark eexamresults.in by pressing ctrl+d. later, we will give the all bank jobs notifications on our blog continuously. We can also find the central govt jobs, state wise jobs information also.